Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The joys of summer

The last summer I experienced was in 2009. No, really. 2010 and 2011 were spent in Hawaii. I know what you are thinking...poor thing no summer because of Hawaii no summer in Hawaii...wait there's no summer in Hawaii?

Some would argue that there is, but it's different. Oh, it's gorgeous (soft sand, warm turquoise water, deep blue sky with big white puffy clouds, palm trees blowing in the breeze, the scent of plumeria in the air, and my personal favorite = the gecko's mating calls). Yes, it's gorgeous, but it isn't summer. Not really. I'm a mainlander at heart.

This summer involved a very large pot of sangria...


And a family trip to Yosemite...


And darn good strawberry cupcakes...


 I finally got to see Ani DiFranco live. (I only cried through three songs!)



 We did a little boating, crawdad-catching and paddle-boarding.


We got scolded by a topless hippie for swimming at our favorite hole.



 The little cuts from picking five pounds of blackberries healed quickly.


The resulting tart was very exciting.



This water was really freaking cold.




And this water was a little creepy.


Classic NorCal summer. Exactly what I needed! Thanks to the family and friends that took me and hubby on such fun adventures. The whole unemployment thing is tough stuff, and job-searching kind of sucks, but evenings and weekends have been really superb. Whilst lamenting the state of our finances, we've had a really good time. So thanks.


All that said, I'm not gonna pretend that I don't miss the geckos.


p.s. I do not think the images appear in the email version, so click through to the link. love!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I guess that was a little evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dayana, for sharing the wonderful pictures. Welcome back to blogosphere. Missed you.

    Btw..love your profile pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rachna! It feels good to be back.

    ReplyDelete